FUZE4 Nintendo Switch – Igniting a passion for coding
“Ultimately, I feel that FUZE is easy to get to grips with but will take a lot more time to master. FUZE is evidently a labour of love and you will get out whatever you’re willing to put in. The software is jam packed full of features, the only thing stopping you is your own imagination.” FULLSYNC
Perfect Switch Games For Staying At Home
"FUZE4 claims to give bare-bones beginners all the tools they need to develop their own video games. It was a perfect experiment for me, since all I had in my mental tool box at the start was enough HTML know-how to format a paragraph. This game employs its own language called “FUZE,” which is very similar to Python. My coding-savvy friends caught onto it in a snap, as a result. For my part, I got the hang of coding faster than I anticipated." Nintendad
Coding – Fuze4 for Nintendo Switch
"FUZE4 is easy to understand for beginners, the tutorials in the user guide are very good as they are laid out in an easy to understand way. They are very informative while at the same time not overwhelming you with too much information at once. You can read the tutorials on an iPad while you code on the Switch which is connected to the TV screen for good visibility." Liberty On The Lighter Side
FUZE4 Review – How to make Nintendo Switch games
"If you've ever had any desire to create video games and you have a Nintendo Switch then I'd say FUZE is an absolute must have... given the ease of usability, the readily available help, the vast asset library and the developers wanting to continuously add and improve the package, I'm going to be giving FUZE4 on Nintendo Switch a brilliant 9 out of 10!" SwitchedOn
FUZE4 Review – Programming On A Switch
Summary and Verdict: It’s clear, that the target audience is kids but I’ve had such a blast creating games with it, It definitely appeals to the older gamer too. My only hope is that they continue creating and releasing updates and assets that allow it to stay fresh and fully supported. FUZE4 Nintendo Switch is good choice if you want to learn programming on the go or from the comfort of wherever you happen to sit down. Dedicate the time and effort and you’ll be able to create something special. Code with Mike
"A complete title that, due to its simplicity and all the help that accompanies you, will help create a new generation of coders. With an almost crazy number of items and options to work with it’s a must for those who have an interest in coding and especially, in my opinion, a must for the younger audience. A real gem!" 123 Games Reviews
"Its possibilities are simply endless. Its series of commands and functions can be daunting at first, but work through the tutorials and examples and you can soon pick up the basic fundamentals of its programming.. ..this will be an application that remains on your Switch for a very long time to come. ' The Bonus Stage
"In conclusion, Fuze4 Nintendo Switch is definitely a good choice for anyone looking to code and program their own games from the comfort of their living room,
or thanks to the Switch’s portability, on the go." Northern Gamer
"FUZE4 Nintendo Switch is an amazing coding app"
"FUZE4 on the Nintendo Switch is hugely impressive and frankly, I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it. Don't sleep on FUZE4, my kids have been enjoying it. I do recommend you use an external USB keyboard to have the best coding experience. You can buy FUZE4 as a digital download on the Nintendo Shop." Scott Hanselman
"This isn't a 'Mario Maker' style game building tool, this is proper coding"
"FUZE is an all-in-one development environment, reference guide, asset library, compiler and sharing platform. All the development tools and materials come as a part of the 'game', providing a self-contained environment for program and game development. Overall I'd say FUZE4 Nintendo Switch is a rare and unique gem on the Switch for programming enthusiasts and future developers." Chris Wallace
"A good introduction to the world of coding - Navigation is a doddle" Nintendo Life
FUZE4 Nintendo Switch is a coding application for Nintendo Switch. It has been designed and developed by a team of experienced gamers, programmers, artists and educators. Programming languages all have their pros and cons. FUZE4 takes as many pros as we could cram in from a mix of these languages (C, Python & BASIC to name a few) to create a language that is as easy as BASIC, powerful like C and versatile like Python. The end result is a language ideally suited to coding games and apps for absolute beginners and seasoned programmers alike. Here's the full rundown:
- Over $1,000 worth of high-quality gaming assets
- Includes more than 10,000 gaming assets across 2D, 3D and Audio
- Contributions from 30 graphic artists and musicians to ensure a wide variety of genres and styles
- 2D Assets include old-school RPG, JRPG, Arcade, Shooter, Platform, Puzzle, Dating, Strategy, War, Adventure, Underwater and a lot more – Everything from medieval RTS to Sci-fi space shmups.
- 2D Sprite sheets often include hundreds of related assets making the actual number of individual game assets near impossible to quantify but it would be safe to say it’s well over the 50,000 mark!
- 3D Assets include many modular sets so it is possible to create an underground series of dungeons, caverns and even sewers as well as fully equipped castles, medieval towns, space stations, farms, cities and towns. It is even possible to build fully furnished houses! There are also hundreds upon hundreds of unique assets for forming landscapes with cliffs, beaches, terrain, plants, and people, animals and monsters to populate them.
- Audio includes almost a hundred music tracks along with over a thousand sound effects from cute interface sounds to bellowing orcs and a great deal in between!
- In addition to the supplied music and audio clips it is possible to generate your own sounds with the built-in synthesizer
- FUZE4 Nintendo Switch is equipped with a Tile Map editor for creating your own 2D levels, backgrounds, top down maps and landscapes etc.
- Image / Sprite editor to create unique graphics
- The built-in synthesiser and be programmed to produce millions of different sounds and effects. It can also apply effects to existing sounds and music
- FUZE4 Nintendo Switch is supplied with a very comprehensive array of support materials
- Complete Programmer’s Reference Guide. Every command is detailed with a description, its syntax, valid arguments and an example
- Quick Reference Guide – for quick look up of command syntax
- Over 20 step-by-step tutorials from ‘Hello World’, Variables and Loops to writing a complete game level with animations, scrolling backgrounds, Joy-Con controls and enemies.
- More Tutorials will be added as they are made available
- A community website for additional support, showcasing and general coding antics!