FUZE4 Nintendo Switch [Digital Download Code] + Coding Projects Book 1
FUZE4 Nintendo Switch is a coding application for Nintendo Switch. It has been designed and developed by a team of experienced gamers, programmers, artists and educators. Programming languages all have their pros and cons. FUZE4 takes as many pros as we could cram in from a mix of these languages (C, Python & BASIC to name a few) to create a language that is as easy as BASIC, powerful like C and versatile like Python. The end result is a language ideally suited to coding games and apps for absolute beginners and seasoned programmers alike. Here's the full rundown:
Intuitive, clear and minimal
- Customisable with a variety of themes
- Works with Touch, Joy-Cons and USB keyboards
- Comprehensive Help including a full command reference with explanations and examples, quick reference and extensive tutorials
Fully functional Coder’s touch keyboard (& USB, Joy-Con etc.). Almost all items accessible with a single tap
- Undo / Redo
- Syntax highlighting
- Copy, Cut & Paste
- Visible Clipboard
- Instant access to media assets and on-screen help
- Intuitive cursor controls
- Function key support with USB keyboard
Built in libraries for 2D, 3D and Audio
- Variable types (Int, Float, String, Structures, Arrays, Vectors, Handles)
- Simple to advanced math functions including lerp, bezier, distance, clamp, cross and dot product, normalise etc.
- Handles 2D Graphics with ease including quadrilateral image deformation
- Advanced Sprite Engine including sprite camera, scaling, rotation, animation, fading, tinting, velocity (against all transformations) and collision detection
- Supports Tilemaps and Spritesheets
- 2D Effects including screen filters and multiple screen buffers
- Powerful 3D Engine with world, point and ambient lighting, with or without shadows
- Deferred rendering - separation of geometry and lighting in a 3D renderer using intermediate buffers
- Temporal anti-aliasing (TAA) - antialiasing method using data from previous frames
- High dynamic range rendering (HDRR) - rendering using a wide range of colours to calculate lighting before tone mapping to sRGB output
- 3D Camera (location and direction) with FOV control
- Load existing models and create scenes using shapes (cube, sphere, cone, hemisphere, pyramid, wedge and cylinder)
- 3D Object Scale, Rotation and PointAt
- Supports animated 3D models
- Apply materials to 3D objects and set transparency
- Create 3D terraformed scenes with createTerrain function
- Play music and sound effects. Built in synthesiser commands allow for live effects across all 16 channels. Change modulation, wave type, reverb and frequencies on the fly for programmable music compositions (think Commodore 64 style!)
- Joy-Con support including Gyro, Accelerometer, HD Rumble and Analog sticks
- Touch screen - up to ten points
- Keyboard input accepted directly from screen and USB keyboards
- File handling allowing for save data, level designs, music tracks etc. to be saved along-side program.
- Text handling including strings, splicing, cursor positioning, size and colours
- Signed Distance Field (SDF) font rendering - can render a single font at a wide range of sizes with no extra processing
- Time & Date
- Custom Timer controls – synchronise events with precision (software simulated interrupts)
- Advanced binary commands (BitCount, BitFieldExtract, BitFieldInsert, BitGet, BitSet)
- Automatic performance adjustment - automatically switch between performance modes to conserve battery or improve framerates based on rendering load
- Detailed performance monitoring - independent measurements of CPU and GPU processing time give more insight into the program’s performance than a standard framerate measurement
- Supports TV & Handheld modes (can be checked in code)
Over $1,000 worth of high-quality gaming assets
- Includes more than 10,000 gaming assets across 2D, 3D and Audio
- Contributions from 30 graphic artists and musicians to ensure a wide variety of genres and styles
- 2D Assets include old-school RPG, JRPG, Arcade, Shooter, Platform, Puzzle, Dating, Strategy, War, Adventure, Underwater and a lot more – Everything from medieval RTS to Sci-fi space shmups.
- 2D Sprite sheets often include hundreds of related assets making the actual number of individual game assets near impossible to quantify but it would be safe to say it’s well over the 50,000 mark!
- 3D Assets include many modular sets so it is possible to create an underground series of dungeons, caverns and even sewers as well as fully equipped castles, medieval towns, space stations, farms, cities and towns. It is even possible to build fully furnished houses! There are also hundreds upon hundreds of unique assets for forming landscapes with cliffs, beaches, terrain, plants, and people, animals and monsters to populate them.
- Audio includes almost a hundred music tracks along with over a thousand sound effects from cute interface sounds to bellowing orcs and a great deal in between!
- In addition to the supplied music and audio clips it is possible to generate your own sounds with the built-in synthesizer
FUZE4 Nintendo Switch is equipped with a Tile Map editor for creating your own 2D levels, backgrounds, top down maps and landscapes etc.
- Image / Sprite editor to create unique graphics
- The built-in synthesiser and be programmed to produce millions of different sounds and effects. It can also apply effects to existing sounds and music
FUZE4 Nintendo Switch is supplied with a very comprehensive array of support materials
- Complete Programmer’s Reference Guide. Every command is detailed with a description, its syntax, valid arguments and an example
- Quick Reference Guide – for quick look up of command syntax
- Over 30 step-by-step tutorials from ‘Hello World’, Variables and Loops to writing a complete game level with animations, scrolling backgrounds, Joy-Con controls and enemies.
- More Tutorials will be added as they are made available
- fuzearena.com -A community website for additional support, showcasing and general coding antics!
The Official FUZE Project Workbook (PDF Format)
For those looking for an extra helping hand in getting started, this workbook is the perfect accompaniment to FUZE4 Nintendo Switch. Five beginner projects which increase in complexity and outline the basic and fundamental concepts of coding in a friendly, colourful and easy to read way. Go from making text appear on screen to making your own quiz to writing a simple game! Projects are easy to change and customise to make them your own. Each project features optional extra challenges to extend learning.
The booklet is complete with an introduction to using the application and features a descriptive glossary for reference.